Back to Pool Care Home
Pool Care by JoPa
Helpful information to care for and maintain your pool
Weekly Routine Pool Care
The BAQUACIL Pool Care System includes three principal components that work together to save you time and maintenance: BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT, BAQUACIL SHOCK AND OXIDIZER, and BAQUACIL ALGICIDE or BAQUACIL PERFORMANCE ALGICIDE (if you have an attached spa or water features). Here’s how easy it is to use them:
Once a week, test your pool water with BAQUACIL TEST STRIPS to make sure the levels of BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT, pH, and total alkalinity are within acceptable ranges. The BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT level should be between 30 and 50 ppm. When the level is 30 ppm or less, add BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT to bring the level up to 50 ppm. (See the Top-up Dosage Rates For BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT” table below.) Never let the level fall below 30 ppm, since algae and bacteria may not be controlled adequately.
Top-up doses can vary from pool to pool. But you’ll probably find you only have to add BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT once every 10-14 days, leaving you with a lot more time to enjoy your pool.
Algae can ruin your pool’s appearance and make pool walls slippery and unsafe, and clog your filter. A maintenance dose of BAQUACIL ALGICIDE (or a maintenance dose of 2-4 oz.. per 10,000 gallons of BAQUACIL PERFORMANCE ALGICIDE if you have an attached spa or water features), added every week, will help prevent the growth of algae. (See the “Maintenance Dosage Rates” table in Monthly Routine Pool Care below) Remember, solving algae problems is more costly and time-consuming than preventing them.
- Test the level of BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT and top-up to 50 ppm if the level is 30 ppm or below.
- Test Total Alkalinity and adjust, if it is outside the 80-150 ppm range.
- Test pH and adjust, if it is outside the 7.2-7.8 range.
- Add a maintenance dose of BAQUACIL ALGICIDE. (See the Maintenance Dosage Rates table in Monthly Routine Pool Care below) or add a maintenance dose (2-4 oz. per 10,000 gallons) of BAQUACIL PERFORMANCE ALGICIDE if you have an attached spa or water feature.
- Perform all necessary housekeeping. (See General Pool Care below.)
- Check filter pressure. If high, backwash (according to the manufacturer’s recommendations) and chemically clean with BAQUACIL FILTER CLEANER or BAQUACIL SAND FILTER CLEANER.
- Clean out skimmer basket(s) and pump basket(s) as necessary.Top-Up Dosage Rates for BAQUACIL SANITIZER AND ALGISTAT
Back to Pool Care Home